Slate Magazine, Washington, D.C.
Editorial Intern – September 2016-December 2016
- Pitched and wrote over 35 stories on technology, gender issues, and the 2016 presidential election for Slate.com, an online politics and culture magazine
- Conducted background research, wrote social media content, fact-checked, and transcribed interviews
The National Law Journal, Washington, D.C.
Editorial Intern – June 2016-August 2016
- Independently wrote and reported over 30 stories covering legal news in D.C. and nationally for a readership of 10,000 print subscribers
- Wrote the weekly “Lighter Side of the Law” column, assisted with production of weekly print newspaper
The Hoya, Georgetown University, twice-weekly newspaper of record
Executive Editor – December 2015-May 2016
- Managed a staff of editors and final-edited all content in news, opinion, sports, and arts sections
- Collaborated with layout editors and photographers, led weekly staff meetings and brainstorming sessions
Senior City News Editor – May 2014-December 2014
- Generated and edited all city desk content for the newspaper
- Covered breaking news, led news meetings, headlined, wrote captions, and performed other layout-related tasks on production nights
Previously served as deputy news editor, news assistant, and staff writer
Fulton County Daily Report, Atlanta, Georgia
Editorial Intern – June 2015-July 2015
- Covered local legal news in Georgia for local daily paper of about 4,000 paid subscribers
- Reported on court proceedings, analyzed legal briefs and judicial opinions, and interviewed lawyers
U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
Intern for Representative Ann McLane Kuster (NH-2) – January 2017-Present
- Drafting letters to constituents, communicating with other congressional offices
Georgetown University, Georgetown College, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts, May 2017
Major: English; Minors: Journalism, Art History
Cumulative GPA: 3.7/4.0
University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
September 2015-December 2015
Completed literature and art history courses, taught entirely in French, through direct matriculation program
LANGUAGES AND SKILLS
Professional proficiency in French
Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, WordPress, InDesign